Sunday, November 13, 2011

Turkish Coffee

My neighbor is so sweet and invites me over for Turkish coffee. I love the flavor and texture of turkish coffee. It has a much thicker body then regular ground coffee. It can be boiled with sugar but I like it black. The flavor seems much more heavy and round but without any bitter qualities. The scent reminds me of chestnut or oak. After I drink the coffee my neighbor turns the cup over and later reads my coffee grounds. It's so much fun! I also love the cups used. The lip is so thin and delicate.
 Above is the pot used for boing the coffee grounds.
 Basically Turkish coffee is prepared by boiling a finely powdered roasted coffee. A lot of people will add sugar while they are boiling it but if you like your coffee black I would highly sugest it without sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment